Jefferson Center Employment
Jefferson Center is a nonprofit organization that enriches and educates diverse Southwest Virginia communities by producing high quality performing and visual arts programs, as well as maintaining educational programs like Music Lab and Sisters of the Circle for musically minded teens.
Jefferson Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the recruitment and retention of qualified candidates for all positions. Jefferson Center encourages members of all diverse groups to seek employment with us.
- Assist Executive Director in the development of JCF annual season series.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director.
- Manage administration of concert bookings and performance logistics.
- Work with Executive Director to follow up with artists, managers, and booking agents to acquire all the necessary information to solidify a booking.
- Liaise with marketing and technical staff to ensure successful show advancement.
- Work closely with Development Department to ensure programming support.
- Collaborate with Education program ensuring artist mentorship opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making and to work independently when needed.
- Ability to take direction effectively.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Positive attitude.
- Administrative Support experience.
- 4 year degree preferred but not required.
- Music business experience.
- Must be highly functional in MS Word Office products (such as Word, Excel, etc.)
- Criminal background check will be done prior to job offer.